Our thesis editors fix the language and structure of your thesis and give you valuable feedback so that you can hand it in error-free and with confidence. Let an expert in your field revise your thesis at an affordable price, guaranteed within the deadline, and with a 100% language accuracy guarantee.
- Upload Your Thesis
- Get Instant Quote
- Thesis Editing Services
Steps for Ordering Our Thesis Editing Services
Get an Instant Price Quote
Select the document type and enter your word count to get a quote.
Upload Your Paper
Tell us about your field of study, the context of your work, and anything else you want us to focus on. We will match you with an editor with the exact background needed to revise your thesis.
Receive Your Revised Document
Download your edited thesis—we know how important deadlines are and guarantee completion within the requested delivery time.
Features of Our Thesis Editing Services
Thesis proofreading includes correction for:
- Word-order, sentence structure, and grammar
- Spelling and punctuation issues
- Improper use of units, symbols, numerals, and abbreviations
- Inconsistencies in formatting and terminology
We guarantee 100% language accuracy—your thesis will be free of objective language errors and adhere to all necessary requirements.
Revisions for Clarity & Flow
Wordvice’s thesis editors enhance the style, clarity, and tone of your writing in the following ways:
- Improving vocabulary and ensuring a natural tone
- Removing informal and unacademic phrases
- Rephrasing to enhance structure, flow, and readability
- Providing feedback and comments to explain changes
Our editors also apply your preferred formatting style (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.)
Customer Service Guarantee
Our thesis editing services provide more than just professional editing. Students keep coming back to us for a variety of reasons:
- Editor expertise in your field of study
- Directly communicate with your editor
- Personalized feedback helps you become a better writer
- Choose your turnaround time (from 9 hours to 7 days)
You can ask your editor as many questions as you want via our editor messaging system. We know how important your deadline is and guarantee delivery of your edited thesis by the selected delivery time.
Our Thesis Editing Experts
Wordvice editors are carefully selected and highly qualified in academic language editing. Our over 500 native English-speaking editors hold PhDs and advanced degrees in nearly 2,000 academic subdisciplines, and we will allocate your thesis to an editor with expertise in your specific subject area.
Professional Editing for Your Graduate or Doctoral Thesis
Authors Love Our Thesis Editing Services!
Thesis Editing Services Reviews
“Will use Wordvice again” Wordvice saved my master’s thesis! I was stressed out because I thought I couldn’t get everything done before my deadline, but my editor was so fast and their comments guided me really well through the last phase of polishing my writing. It sounds much more academic now, and I learned a lot from the feedback my editor gave me. I will definitely use Wordvice again for my dissertation!
“Best dissertation editor EVER!” I submitted my dissertation to Wordvice before handing it in, and my editor Carla G. did such an amazing job – it was much more helpful than I had expected! She was very thorough and left many detailed suggestions in the manuscript that helped me immensely with organizing and strengthening my arguments. I got my dissertation back on time and felt very self-assured when I finally handed it in. Thank you for your very professional help.
Thesis Editing Examples
Click on the files below to see samples of master’s and doctoral theses edited via our thesis editing services.
Thesis Editing Sample
Thesis Editing Services FAQ
What types of academic documents does Wordvice edit?
Who will be editing my thesis?
Our editors are native English speakers with advanced degrees (PhDs and Master’s degrees) and many years of editing experience. When you submit an editing order, our system automatically selects a list of thesis editors with the most relevant expertise, and our customer service team selects the right editor for your paper.
Once your thesis has been fully edited, our Quality Assurance team reviews the edits before delivering your document. You can also communicate directly with your editor throughout the revision process.
What are your thesis editing prices?
Our thesis proofreading pricing is based on per-word editing rates that are based on word count, service level (e.g., Standard, Premium, or Two-Editor) and turnaround time. Enter your word count into our proofreading price calculator and receive an instant quote and delivery deadline of your document.
Editing, Typing, and Proofreading Services
The Graduate School maintains this list of typists, editors, and courier services as a resource to students. The individuals and businesses listed here are independent contractors and are not affiliated with or employed by the Graduate School.
Couriers and Formatting
Editing and Proofreading
1st Rate Editing
- A multi-editor team with exemplary qualifications edits every paper, enabling a faster return time and more attention to detail than a single editor could achieve are led by chief editors with doctorate degrees and experience as dissertation and research mentors, published authors, and professional editors. services include proofreading your written language and mechanics; assessing word usage and clarity; attention to structural cohesion, coherence, organization, and flow; and cross-checking citations and references. is applied to ensure adherence to university and publication guidelines for headings, references, citations, tables, figures, appendices, etc. with discounts, fast turnaround, and free consultations available. Learn more on our website or visit us on LinkedIn.
Rachel Addison, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Over 10 years’ experience working with students of all levels (including nonnative English speakers) and professional academics on the technical accuracy of their writing and the effective development and presentation of academic arguments
- Proofreading for grammar, punctuation, and spelling, and line editing for clarity, coherence/cohesion, syntax, persuasive argument progression, and word usage
- Theses, dissertations, journal articles, proposals, essays, research papers, and books
- Highly experienced in a wide range of referencing systems, including Harvard, Chicago, APA, MHRA, MLA, New Harts, and OSCOLA
- Formatting undertaken to adhere to any given guidelines
- Editor for Oxford University Press
- Former lecturer and module developer in humanities at University of Exeter Medical School
- All topics and fields welcome – reliable, regular, and friendly communication, and fast turn-around times
Former tutor with Cornell’s Graduate Writing Service, currently an editor for a AAAS online publication
- International scholars
- Topics: education, management, technology
Amanda Bosworth Shirnina, Ph.D.
- Preferred fields are history and related humanities fields in Chicago style
- Reasonable rate with a discount for graduate students
- Edits and proofreads conference presentations, funding proposals, research papers, journal articles, thesis/dissertation proposals, theses/dissertations, book proposals, books, creative writing, and poetry
- Professional editor of nonnative speakers but will also edit and proofread the work of native English speakers
- Experience editing in and teaching high school and university students to write in MLA, APA, Chicago, and AP style
- Contact me today for my availability: [email protected]
Kathleen Cannon, Ed.D.
- Fun, fast, competent dissertation editor/partner/coach
- Have edited 90+ dissertations, proposals
- More than 10 years of experience editing dissertations, theses, and articles for academic journals with a focus on humanities and religion
- Specialties are heavy line editing for native and nonnative English speakers and formatting in Word
- Fluent in CMOS and works in APA and MLA
Samantha Dozier, Ph.D.
- Focus is generally on scientific disciplines and mostly biology/nanotechnology/chemistry
- We provide proofreading (grammar, punctuation, etc.), copy editing (syntax, paragraph formulation, etc.), and formatting (reference list, headings, pagination, etc.) options for theses/dissertations.
- Associate Professor of Political Science
- University of Chicago Editing Certificate
- As a developmental editor and writing coach, I specialize in social sciences, as well as history, law, and interdisciplinary social sciences/humanities.
- I will support you in producing coherent, elegant, and persuasive research papers, journal articles, theses/dissertations, and books.
Krystal Felton, Ph.D.
- Experience working as a consultant at speaking and writing centers and as an instructor for communication and business courses
- Provides copyediting services for academic writing, including dissertations, theses, papers for publication, and grant proposals
- Editing and proofing: basic and stylistic, also for nonnative English speaking writers
- Scientific papers, theses, postdoc papers/grants (grammar, style, clarity)
- 607-229-9878 or [email protected]
- Cornell University Institute of Biotechnology, 604 Frank H. T. Rhodes Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853
Allison L. Goldstein
- Thesis, dissertation, and academic article editing and proofreading
Amy K. Guenther, Ph.D.
- Writing coaching, developmental editing, line editing, and copyediting for theses, dissertations, journal articles, and books
- Specializes in the arts and humanities, especially performance studies, theatre, English lit. and crit., women’s and gender studies, queer studies, critical race theory, African American studies, and history
- Extensive experience with ESL and ELL writers, including writers from Nigeria, South Korea, and Turkey
- Advanced knowledge of CMOS, but also works with APA and MLA
- Freelance since 2010 and an Advanced Professional Member of the UK’s Society for Editors and Proofreaders
- Able to proofread many subjects, but particularly experienced in academic fields of history, politics, philosophy, business, and management
- Academic coaches and editors
Ashleigh Imus, Ph.D.
- Extensive experience with nonnative English speakers
- Professional proofreader and editor highly regarded for years of experience editing and proofreading for postgraduate students at several prestigious institutions, such as the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and UCLA
- Exemplary professional qualifications include membership in the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (United Kingdom) alongside published works by Elsevier and ISTE Group
- +44 7754 225 910
Georgia A. Martin, Ph.D.
- Editing/proofreading in LaTeX and MS Word
- Specialty areas: mathematics, science, economics, engineering
- I specialize in helping education students deliver clear, effective, change-making messages
- I have experience tutoring in a university writing center, copy editing for a small newspaper, and teaching English to nonnative speakers
- I’m an expert in APA style and well-versed in MLA and Chicago
- I have edited dissertations, master’s theses, undergraduate essays, and creative, literary works
- In addition to thoroughly editing your grammar and formatting, I offer helpful commentary as well as phone or Zoom sessions
Amanda Recupero LLC
- Professional editor with expertise in academic writing in the humanities (degrees in foreign literatures, history, and feminist, gender, and sexuality studies) : ensures that macro-elements of a text contribute purposefully to your argument; focuses on structure, narrative, evidence, style, and tone : reveals any potential obstacles to the proposal’s effectiveness and includes a full read through of your proposal and any supporting documents : guides you through the process of designing and writing content for a website that helps you meet your goals
James M. Reilly
- Editing and coaching for graduate and undergraduate writers, including moral support, monitoring for conformity to program requirements, and structural and line editing
- Writers at Cornell, Johns Hopkins, Fordham, Rutgers, CUNY, and York University have reached their goals working with me.
- Ronda Roaring Communications, LLC
- Proofreading and coaching for the CU community
- Professional copy editing
Running Ink Writing, Editing, Coaching, & Research LLC
- Comprehensive editing: All dissertation and theses receive comprehensive editing:
- Editing for grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, and syntax
- Editing for style: APA or MLA formatting, in-text citations, and references
- Editing for content (optional)
- Editing for clarity
- International graduate student population
- 313 Utica St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Nina Seja, Ph.D.
- Precise, expert, and experienced proofreader and coach
- Theses, dissertations, books/chapters, academic/popular articles, grant applications, and more
- Focus across many disciplines, but particularly the arts/humanities, social sciences, law, and business
- Have considerable experience working with English as a Second Language students
Susan Weiner Editing
- Provides developmental editing for grad students and recent Ph.D.s completing or revising dissertations in the humanities and qualitative social sciences
- Bring an interdisciplinary lens to reading your work
- Help hone your argument and refine your prose on the sentence level, making your manuscript more “readerly”
- Have experience with nonnative speakers of English writing in English
- Current authors include anthropologists, musicologists, sociologists, and religious studies scholars
- Approaches developmental editing as intellectual collaboration
Susan Williams, Editing Services, Technical Editor
- Works with clients who are preparing papers for academic admission, conference presentations, and publication in various academic journals
- Edits using the track changes feature in Microsoft Word, LATEX (LyX), and Overleaf
- Approved vendor for the University of Georgia, the University of Texas, and Columbia University and is happy to provide excellent references upon request
- Extensive experience editing for tenure-track professors seeking publication in top-tier, peer-reviewed journals, with several manuscripts having been published
- Experience editing application essays and personal statements for students seeking admission into various academic programs
- TESOL certification and specializes in editing for nonnative English speakers
- Subjects in which I have experience include finance, computer engineering, electrical engineering, applied linguistics, digital learning, TESOL, pharmacology, architecture, and computer science.
Clare Xanthos, Ph.D. Academic Editor
- Services are targeted to social science, health-related, and humanities manuscripts
Cornell University is located on the traditional homelands of the Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ’ (the Cayuga Nation). The Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ’ are members of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, an alliance of six sovereign Nations with a historic and contemporary presence on this land. The Confederacy precedes the establishment of Cornell University, New York state, and the United States of America. We acknowledge the painful history of Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ’ dispossession, and honor the ongoing connection of Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ’ people, past and present, to these lands and waters.
This land acknowledgment has been reviewed and approved by the traditional Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ’ leadership.